Current CCP Student Resources
This page currently under construction. It will be continually updated with resources and links for current CCP students who are approaching or actively working on various program milestones. Although this page is intended to be comprehensive (once completed), it is not a substitute for thorough review of the CCP Student Handbook.
Purpose: To assess a student’s ability to present, discuss and defend, both written and orally, their understanding and integration of the fields of Clinical and Counseling Psychology.
Requirement: Students must compose a written document consisting of a clinical case report and a review of relevant literature. Students will then present the case orally to their committee members and answer questions relevant to the case, as well as questions about other general areas of psychology as they apply to the case and relevant literature. Students are rated by their committee using the Doctoral Clinical Competency Examination Scoresheet.
Steps to Completion:
- Select an appropriate therapy case in consultation with the relevant clinical supervisor and CCP mentor. Complete and submit to the DCT via email the Doctoral Clinical Competency Examination Application no later than the first day of classes during the semester in which you intent to sit for the exam.
- The application will be reviewed by the DCT and, if approved, a committee will be assigned. Notification of approval and committee assignment will be sent via email.
- Once approved, you should coordinate to schedule the date and time for the examination meeting. Once the meeting has been scheduled, you should notify the DCT via email. You must also complete and submit to the DCT via email the Appointment of Graduate Faculty form.
- The written document (literature review and case report) must be submitted to each committee member via email no later than two weeks prior to the examination date.
- On the day of the examination, the student should print, complete, and bring with them the Comprehensive Exam Report form. This form must be completed by the the committee chair and returned to the program assistant.
- On the day of the examination, the committee chair must access and complete the Doctoral Clinical Competency Examination Scoresheet.