Dr. Sonya L. Clark
Her research focuses on leadership, training and mentoring, and has appeared in American Society for Training and Development, NCPEA Education Leadership Review of Doctoral Research, and includes a chapter in The Sage Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education.
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership, Policy & Law, Alabama State University
- M.S. Human Resource Management, Troy University
- M.S. Management, Troy University
- B.A. Communications, Alabama State University
Clark, S. (2013). University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) academic department chairs’ self-perceived utilization of Bolman and Deal’s four-frame theoretical model (Doctoral dissertation). Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL.
Clark, S. and Lindahl, R.A. (2014). University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) academic department chairs’ self-perceived utilization of Bolman and Deal’s four-frame theoretical model. NCPEA Education Leadership Review of Doctoral Research, 1(2), 40-48.
Clark, S. (2012). Revisiting the Peter Principle. American Society for Training and Development. Online.
Davis, D.J., Provost, K. & Clark, S. (2012). Peer mentoring and inclusion in writing groups. In S. Fletcher & C. Mullen (Eds.), The Sage Handbook of Mentoring and Coaching in Education (445-456). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.v
- Clark, S. and Davis, D.J. (2011). Women of color in the academy. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, 30(5), 431-436. doi:10.1108/02610151111150672
Wood, B. and Clark, S. (2016). “PEEP to PERP to PREP: The evolution of a business professional skills program at the Mitchell College.” Southern Business Administration Association (SBAA). Summer Workshop, July 18, 2016 in Biloxi, MS.
Byrd, L. and Clark, S. (2011). “Using a Department Based Center for Communication and Media Training to Grow a New Generation of Communication Industry Entrepreneurs through Experiential Learning.” Presented at the HBCU Entrepreneurship Conference at Howard University, Washington, D.C. (L. Byrd attended).
Clark, S. and Cook, D. (2010). “Doctoral Students’ Reflection on a Service Learning Project.” Presented at the 22nd International Conference on College Teaching and Learning in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
- BUS101 Professional Experience I
- BUS201 Professional Experience II
- BUS301 Professional Experience III
- BUS302 Professional Preparation
- CMS300 Professional Communication
- CMS325 Small Group Communication
- CMS350 Organizational Communication
- CMS260 Performance Studies