USA is committed to being a good neighbor. We recognize that university-community engagement enriches scholarship and research, enhances teaching and learning, and prepares an engaged workforce. The USA Office of Community Engagement provides support for faculty, students, staff and community members working to build mutually beneficial relationships between USA and the community that contribute to the public good. Our areas of focus include service learning, volunteerism, community engaged research and scholarship, and internships.
Join us for a four-day Service and Unity event from January 16 - 20 to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday. This celebration will include an on-campus voter registration drive, a student leader roundtable focused on Dr. King's development of the Beloved Community, a cleanup of Eslava Creek, and participation in the annual Dr. King March in downtown Mobile.
MLK 2020 Week of Unity & Service
MLK 2020 Community Connect! was held on January 17, 2020, in the USA Student Center Ballroom. This round table discussion was an opportunity to discuss Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s vision of the beloved community and how it can be achieved.
Camera/editor: Joshua Culbreth
Reporter: Jenna Petracci
- respond to the needs of our community by volunteering for agencies and organizations throughout the region
- manage a service learning course or experience
- participate in a service learning course
- explore to learn more about agencies and organizations you might choose to serve
- post your own events and opportunities for service both on and off campus