Instructions: ACT Residual
- To register call (251) 405-7100.
- Once registered, you will have three (3) business days to pay or your name will be removed from the reservation list. Make payments at the University Counseling and Testing Center, 300 Student Center Circle, Mobile, AL 36688.
- You will be asked to complete your registration card at that time.
- Bring receipt of payment and a valid photo ID with you on the day of the test.
The ACT Residual Test (ACT–R) measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas of English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science. Prior to taking the ACT Residual Test, students must have applied, been admitted, or be enrolled at the Institution administering the ACT. Test results can be released only to the Admissions Office, University of South Alabama.
The test is approximately three hours long with designated breaks between sections.
- English is allowed 45 minutes for 75 questions
- Mathematics is allowed 60 minutes for 60 questions
- 10 – 15 minute break
- Reading is allowed 35 minutes for 40 questions
- Science is allowed 35 minutes for 40 questions
For sample questions, visit the ACT website.
University Counseling & Testing Center
300 Student Center Circle
Mobile, AL 36688
$80.00 non-refundable. Cash (correct change please), money order, credit/debit. Payable at UCTC.
There is a minimum 60-day waiting period before re-testing.
On the Date of the Exam
- Arrive 15 minutes early to the test site
- Present a valid government issued photo ID and receipt of payment
- Bring an approved calculator (See ‘allowable calculators’ at ACT.org. Calculators are NOT provided) and no. 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- Schedule 4 hours to complete the exam
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and the test fee is not refundable.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Missed exams are nonrefundable
- The ACT-R score must be attached to the nursing application