Instructions: College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College Board’s College Level Examination Program (CLEP) has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for over 50 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 2,000 test centers. This rigorous program allows students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores.
OUR OFFICE RECOMMENDS THAT YOU SPEAK WITH AN ACADEMIC ADVISOR BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR ANY CLEP EXAM.
- Register for your subject at clep.collegeboard.org.
- Register for your testing appointment at University Counseling and Testing Center. From UCTC webpage, click on “Schedule a Test.” Pay the $30.00 fee.
- Test date will be scheduled once your payment to UCTC has been made.
On the Date of the Exam
- Arrive 5 minutes early
- Bring a current government issued photo ID with signature (such as driver’s license or passport)
- Testing Location:
University Counseling & Testing Center
300 Student Center Circle
Mobile, AL 36688
See specific exam title on College Board site for details. Most exams are 90 minutes in length.
Text book in appropriate subject area of test
- Purchase CLEP exam from College Board. Exam ticket will be valid for 6 months.
- Purchase testing appointment from University Counseling & Testing Center. $30 fee
transferable. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, there will be another $30 fee for the new appointment.
As per College Board, you may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within that three month time period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled and any test fees will be forfeited. For more information visit: clep.collegeboard.org.